Since finishing up “Future Imperfect” in February, I’ve been going back over the other components in the “Strange But True Steel Tree” suite and tidying up a few loose ends in the Prologue, Interludes, and Finale sections.
The song “Strange but True” became a problem, because I want to re-write the lyrics and re-title it “The Steel Tree”. In the process of doing that, I decided I needed to re-record the drums, guitar, and bass. Now it’s just waiting for me to finish up the lyrics and get the vocal re-recorded.
I also decided “Head in the Game” needed a third go-over, with some tweaks to the drums and a more aggressive bass. Then I went crazy and re-recorded all the guitars, using the Ibanez 540s instead of the telecaster. It’s sounding better, I think.
Now it’s time to return to the last remaining song on the album: Slaying The Dragon. I’m currently in the middle of re-recording the Chapman Stick and acoustic guitar.
I really think I have a shot at finishing this project up this year. (I mean the album, not the song, cheeky!)